When it comes to baby showers, the most essential gifts are always the most useful, practical and needed. Babies come with a lot of responsibility and a lot of needs, and baby showers exist so we can help each other out with meeting these needs. It’s an exciting, stressful, and uncertain time for the new parents; give them a gift that will make their plunge into parenthood just a little bit easier.
- Outdoor Blanket. At some point within baby’s first year, they’ll be headed outdoors to spend some time in the fresh air. The JJ Cole Outdoor Blanket measures 5’x5’ and is water resistant, ready to be used on any surface. It folds quickly and easily for maximum portability and will be a must-have grab for picnics, play dates, and backyard lounging with mom and dad.
- Gerber Onesies. Up to the age of about one year, babies live in onesies. They are easy to get on, easy to snap off and provide baby with adequate coverage over their torso. Parents will go through onesies quickly as babies make a lot of messes so the Gerber 5 pack will be received with appreciation.
- The Puj Tub. Made of soft and flexible material, this baby washtub is non-slip, BPA & PVC free. It dries quickly and is mold and mildew resistant. There’s no need to bend or squat to wash baby, the tub cradles baby in perfect position for optimal cleaning and comfort for parent and child.
- Gift Card. If you really want to make sure that the new parents get everything they need, give them a gift card. Easily used at retailers such as Walmart and Bed, Bath & Beyond, they’ll be sure to find exactly what they are looking for – and you’ll be the hero of the baby shower!
- Safety 1stHealth & Grooming Kit. The 25-piece baby healthcare and grooming kit provides parents with just about everything they will need to manage minor health issues and grooming. Included is a 3 in 1 thermometer, cradle cap comb, toddler toothbrush, bottle medicine dispenser, nasal aspirator, alcohol wipes, nail clippers, and more. Everything fits in a stylish zippered case so parents can take the kit with them to Grandma’s or wherever they go.
- Food Delivery Subscription. A new baby in the house means a lot of sleepless nights and a lot less enthusiasm to prepare food. Help out the exhausted parents with a food delivery subscription. Whether it’s something like Instacart where they can choose what they want from grocery stores or prepackaged meals like HelloFresh, they’ll be singing your praises at dinner time.
- Hatch Rest Baby Night Light & Sound Machine. This nifty little machine has many essential functions. It’s a nightlight, so baby can be comforted by soft ambient lighting (and you can see when you need to), it’s a sound machine to help soothe them to sleep, and it features a time-to-rise alert. Completely programmable and customizable, it can also be adjusted via your cell phone.
- Diaper & Wipes Tower. As parents of a newborn, it will seem as if they can never have too many diapers and wipes. The gift of a homemade or pre-made diaper and wipes tower will make their eyes light up. Throw in some bibs, burp cloths and a stuffed animal and you’ve got a tremendously essential and much needed baby shower gift.
- Anti-Scratch Baby Mittens. It’s inevitable that babies scratch their faces as they learn fine motor control over their hands. To help prevent painful scratches, parents can use these cotton mittens that are both comfortable and cozy. They are available in 3 different sizes and come in a pack of 7.
- Baby Stroller Organizer. The Ethan & Emma Universal Baby Stroller Organizer helps mom and dad be organized. With a spot for virtually everything they will need on a walk or outing, they’ll safely secure their phone, keys, toys, cups and more. With a place for everything and everything in its place, the stroller organizer eases the stress of forgetting diapers or frantically looking for baby’s binky.
- Swaddle Blankets. Aden + Anais swaddle blankets are made of 100% organic cotton muslin and come in a 4 pack of different animal patterns. Zebras, elephants, turtles, and lions wrap baby in warmth and snuggly comfort and breathability.
Babies are truly miraculous gifts, and celebrating them is, itself, essential. Lend your guidance and well wishes to the new parents in the form of a gift from the heart, one that is designed to ease their stress and maximize true loving bonding time with their new bundle of joy.